Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Les Stupide American

As I left Tiszajvarous for the 27-hour return to the states, I reflected on why I was so glad to be getting back. Apart from the obvious--that I had been living out of a suitcase for over two weeks, spending no more than four nights in any place at a time and traveling a lot, I have compiled the partial list of things I take for granted in the states:

1. Ice
2. Having sheets on beds, rather than just heavy comforters in unairconditioned rooms; and sheets that actually fit the beds.
3. Sinks that drain.
4. Toilets that flush (I could go on, but I won't)
5. Screens on windows when their is no A/C and nasty bugs that fly around.
6. Potable water from the sink/drinking fountains.
7. Knowing how much you are paying for something before it shows up on your cc bill.
8. High speed internet.

Its a partial list.

2 comments:

Ethan Brown said...

what about not feeling like a complete jackass while doing everyday things, like buying groceries?

Kelly said...

i would like to suggest that there are some parts of the states you have not visited.