Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Arrival in the Springs


Tisza was a tough race that didn't go too well. The previous two weekends, I had solid races despite having things no fall completely into line. Tisza was different. I was out of the water in the third pack--a worst-ever swim for me. The stroke felt not great. My group worked to close on the lead and entered T2 with them. My legs were fried though and the run was a suffer-fest until I called it quits on the second lap. Three weeks of racing may have taken its toll. Being sick earlier in the week surely didn't help. But mostly I am looking forward to 5 weeks of training at the Colorado Springs OTC to get fitness back and really work on my swim stroke, which hasn't felt this bad in over a decade.

I arrived at the COS OTC late last night and will take the next few days to recover a bit and then ramp up the training.

No comments: