Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Trevails of Traveling for Tri

My friend, Barrett Brandon, is spending the summer racing for a French team and living in Toulouse. He has a recap of his recent travels and his first race. Stories like this are all too common in our equipment-intensive sport. Barrett also gives me a shout out in this post. (We were on the world university games team together in 2006 in Lausanne and both made the team for 2008 in Erdek in June, along with 2006 world uni athletes Ethan Brown, Justine Whipple and Amanda Felder). In 2006, we trained on a military base in Germany for about 10 days before the race. I didn't like the food in Germnay or in Lausanne (the french-influenced part of Switzerland), so I was always looking for the MacDeux, which is a relatively popular and classy brand in Europe.

1 comment:

Barrett Brandon said...

Dude cant wait for WUGS. You should think about staying over in Europe for a couple of weeks. We could race and I could show you the ropes. Also, while the DoMac is incredbily expensive, I would not go so far as to call it classy. Now, the Dunkinn Donuts in South Korea: Pure Class. Of course I would call you and tell you this, but you never answer your phone.