Friday, May 23, 2008

Seoul, Korea ITU


Sorry for the lack of updates for the past week or two. I've been pretty crazy busy. I spent my birthday at a conference on biofuels in Illinois organized to help inform the UK Renewable Fuels Agency which is writing regulations for biofuels policy in the UK. My prof and I had to write a report for them before their last meeting this week. Support for biofuls is up in the air following a report that says biofuels actually emit more carbon than gasoline when accounting for land use changes (as forests are cleared to make land available for growing energy crop, the carbon stored in the biomass is released. hence this new finding). Anyways, that took up a lot of time.

I flew Thursday am to Seoul and arrived 7PM local time on Friday. The race is Sunday. As I write, its about 10:30 local time. I feel pretty good. But this city is smoggy and humid. Its kind of gross. It looks like all those pictures we've been seeing from Beijing. Anyways, I'll update more later. I am borrowing a buddy's computer and internet and he wants i back. I return to the states Monday and will have more to say about the trip then.

No comments: