Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back at Chula OTC Sans Chu Crew

I returned to the Chula Vista OTC today for what may be my last week. I plan to drive up to Wildflower this weekend, race the LC, and then continue home to Davis where I can swim with my old age-group swim team, the Davis Aquadarts, and enjoy three group rides per week. I am approved to be here at the OTC through mid July when I plan to head to the COS OTC for a camp. But there isn’t room to bring someone else in to train with me and I don’t want to make my professor back in Berkeley mad at me for staying down here too long. It’s so nice down here that it will be real tough to leave before they kick me out, but I think I will try it Friday AM.

Its strange being back without the Chu Crew here. The place isn’t the same without Alicia Kaye, Jarrod Shoemaker, Ethan Brown and Mike Orton. Even my suitemate, the intern Janet Ho left today for her home in Iowa (she’ll be back, but probably not before I leave). I have a new roommate, but I haven’t met him yet (and I’ve been here all day). It’s so weird because I leave and come back and he’s gone, but I can tell he has been here. I think he’s a thrower. Its 10:45 right now. Where is he? Anyways, Mikey O had been my roommate and we joked about how strange Ethan was with his roommate who was a complete stranger. Now I kind of understand how the whole thing is a little uncomfortable. I also went on a 3 hour ride by myself; it sure would have been nice to have the Chu Crew there.

I started looking through old photos of the Chu Crew. I share some of them with you below.

PS: I watched A-Idol with Cassie tonight...


The Chu Crew on a ride southeast of San Diego and the OTC.

The Crew in the Caf--where the good food is.

Ethan playing pool.

Ethan making use of his fuel belt.

Mike O and Ethan cuddling.

No comments: